One of the most exciting aspects of the Cardiovascular Institute of Mississippi is the full spectrum of services we offer. Patients can now come to a Heart Hospital in their community for a full cardiac work up. Diagnostics, interventional procedures, cardiothoracic and vascular surgery, rehabilitation and wellness programs are all available in one state-of-the-art setting.
In Case of Cardiac Emergency - It should do your heart good to know that the Cardiovascular Institute of Mississippi is near by if you or someone you love suffers a heart attack or stroke. When cardiac emergencies like these strike, timeliness of care means everything. Not having to drive an hour or more for cardiac care can be the difference between life and death. That’s why we’re on call 24-hours a day, ready to administer lifesaving procedures such as primary angioplasty, the gold standard for heart attack treatment.
Cardiovascular Institute of Mississippi Receives High Marks - HealthGrades®, an organization that analyzes the quality of care at more than 5,000 hospitals across the country and publishes ratings based on performance, recognized our facility in their recent Hospital Report Cards™. We received a five-star rating for excellence in stroke treatment and were also ranked “Best Regional Cardiac Treatment of Heart Failure” and in the “Top 10% in the Nation for Stroke Treatment.”
Diagnostic Procedures: Our cardiac care professionals employ the very latest procedures to diagnose each patient’s cardiovascular health.
- Cardiac Ultrasound (ECHO)
- Exercise Tolerance Testing
- Cardiac SPECT (Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography)
- Transesophageal Cardiac Ultrasound
- Holter Monitoring
- Telephonic Pacemaker Monitoring
- Peripheral Segmental Vascular Test
- Peripheral Vascular Ultrasound
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Coronary Angiogram
- Peripheral Angiogram
- Permanent Pacemaker Implantation
Once diagnosed, our experienced team can quickly perform any of these potentially lifesaving procedures.
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty
- Coronary Stent Deployment
- Coronary Thrombectomy
- Coronary Atherectomy
- Coronary & Peripheral Thrombolytic Therapy
- Percutaneous Transluminal Peripheral Angioplasty
- Peripheral Stent Deployment