Patient Pricing Information
Our goal at Southwest Health System is to provide patients with high quality
care and the best possible hospital experience. We know medical costs
can be very confusing and overwhelming. To make this process as transparent
as possible, our hospitals will make available our current standard charges
and in compliance with the Affordable Care Act [ Section 2719(e)of the
Public Health Service Act].
We understand that publishing a general listing of prices will not meet
all consumer’s needs. It is very important for you, as the consumer,
to understand that standard charges may not be a relevant starting point
for estimating what costs you may incur during an episode of care, and
the amount actually paid by a patient will depend on that patient’s
insurance coverage, policy provisions and other factors. Everyone’s
case is different based on that patient’s medical condition. Therefore,
we have financial counselors available upon request to provide information
about standard charges; and to help determine if patients qualify for
Federal and State assistance, and set up payment plans.
The charges displayed only include hospital charges and do not include
charges that are billed separately by your physician or other professional
fees. Furthermore, the actual amount paid by a patient will depend on
that patient’s insurance coverage, as benefit plans vary greatly.
You may access our charge master in electronic format using the link below
for each facility.
If you have commercial insurance:
- Contact your insurance company to understand all of the factors affecting
your financial responsibility
- Numerous factors, such as type of plan, co-pay, co-insurance, deductible,
out-of-pocket maximums, provider network and other limitations, will affect
your financial responsibility to a hospital.
- The prices reflected on this site do not include charges for the physician
or other professional fees, such as pharmacy, diagnostic imaging or lab work.
- The prices reflected on this site do not include any negotiated discounts
between your insurance company and the hospital.
If you have Medicare:
- Medicare has many different parts, and not everyone has the same type of
Medicare coverage. Medicare will pay for many of your healthcare expenses
but not all of them.
- Special rules apply if you have employer group health insurance coverage
through your job or a spouse’s job.
- If you have a supplemental health insurance policy, it may cover some of
the costs that Medicare does not cover.
The best way to be sure of what your Medicare plan covers is to call 1-800-MEDICARE,
or visit the website at
If you have Medicaid:
- Contact the Mississippi Division of Medicaid at 1-800-421-2408 to determine
all the factors affecting your financial responsibility.
- Generally, Medicaid recipients are not responsible for any portion of the bill.
If you are Uninsured:
- Please contact our Patient Financial Services Department at 1-601-249-4754,
and ask about our payment policies, and to determine if you meet the criteria
for financial assistance.
Southwest Mississippi Regional Medical Center
Phone : (601) 249-1802
Lawrence County Hospital
Phone : (601) 249-1802
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please have the following information available, so that we can provide
you with the best estimate possible:
- Detailed description of the test(s) or procedures(s) being ordered by the
doctor, including the CPT Code and description of services needed
- Type of services needed – we need to know if you are expected to
be admitted to the hospital as an inpatient, observation, or if you are
expected to be treated on an outpatient basis.
- Doctor’s Name and office phone number
- Insurance information (if any), including your insurance company name and
phone number, policy holder name, policy number and group number from
your insurance card
The hospital estimate will provide the patient with the following:
- Your estimated financial responsibility for the procedure/services based
on the average charge for the procedure/services.
- Patients with health insurance will be quoted an estimated amount that
will be due to the hospital based on the deductible, co-pay, or co-insurance
amounts established by their health insurance plan.
- Patients who do not have health insurance will be quoted an estimated amount
that will be due to the hospital that will include an uninsured discount
to the estimate. Counselors are also available to discuss with patients
their eligibility for certain programs like Medicaid.
Disclaimer for Estimates
The information provided is a best estimate based on the information we
currently have and is not a guarantee of what you will be charged or owe.
Please understand that in many cases it is impossible to predict the final
charges that will result as there are many variables involved in your
actual services such as the length of time spent in surgery or recovery,
specific equipment used, supplies and medications required, additional
tests required by your physician, and/or any unusual special care or unexpected
conditions or complications.
This estimate does not include any physician charges (e.g. office visits,
surgeon fees, anesthesiologist fees, emergency room fees, radiologist
fees, pathologist fees, or other consulting physician fees, etc.). If
you have insurance, your benefits will ultimately determine the amount
you owe (including deductibles, co-pay, co-insurance, and out-of-pocket
maximums). Patients are encouraged to contact their insurance provider
directly for a full disclosure of benefits, allowable, and potential out
of pocket expenses.