Do you need help understanding Medicare?
Do you need a Prescription Drug Plan or Medicare Supplement Insurance and you are not sure which ones work best for you?
Are you new to Medicare and not sure what you need to do next?
S H I P can help!!
SHIP (State Health Insurance and assistance Program) is a counseling program
that provides free, unbiased and confidential health insurance information
by trained and certified counselors in your area.
SHIP helps answer questions about
Medicare Supplement Insurance
Long-Term Care Insurance
Medicare Approved Prescription Drug Plans
Extra Help Program (Low-Income Assistance
Serving Adams, Amite, Claiborne, Franklin,
Jefferson, Lawrence, Lincoln, Pike, Walthall,
and Wilkinson Counties.
1-800-338-2049 (Toll Free)
With the push of a small button.your family, neighbors, police, fire department,
or ambulance are on the way without your having to be near a phone.
Leave your name, phone number and any questions you have, and Diane will
have a representative contact you.
Health Watch is a program of Southwest Regional in connection with Lifeline
- It is a personal emergency response system which links you 24 hours a day
to your hospital.
- It allows you to move freely around your home or yard with the confidence
of knowing if you need help your Lifeline System will call for it.
Who uses this service?
- People who live alone.
- New mothers who may need to get help for their infant without leaving the cribside.
- People who may be concerned about their personal safety or security.
- Those with ongoing medical conditions.
- Post operative patients who want to maintain a link to medical assistance.
- Disabled or handicapped individuals.
- Voice Communication – Superior high output speakerphone enables clear
automatic two-way communication between the Lifeline subscriber and the
Response Center for fast appropriate response.
- Speaker phone built into the communicator allows two way voice communication.
- New VoiceAssistTH Feature – This friendly female voice clarifies
audible alarms and instructs subscribers in communicator operation.
- Adjustable Volume Control – Easily adjusts the communicator's
- RSVP Remote Answering Capability
- The communicator's two-way speakerphone allows subscribers to answer
incoming telephone calls by merely pressing their personal help button-without
having to get to the phone.
- An inactivity timer built into the communicator automatically calls the
Response Center if you are unable to press your button.
- Battery back-up keeps your communicator working even during a power failure.
- Waterproof Personal Help Button keeps you protected while showering or bathing.
Southwest Seniors is sponsored by St. Luke Home Health & Hospice. Benefits
include health and wellness services like free blood pressure screenings,
health education seminars and free outpatient diet instructions when ordered
by your doctor. You will also receive a 20% discount on meals purchased
in the hospital’s cafeteria and a guest meal for anyone staying
with you when you are a patient in the hospital, as well as a guest cot.
You do not need a membership card to become a member. Simply call Tina
Brumfield, 601 250-4283 to sign up or tell your nurse when you are in
American Diabetes Association
Information about the West Nile Virus from the CDC
Arthritis Association web link
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Mended Hearts, Inc.
Mississippi Department of Health
Pandemic Flu Government Website
Mississippi Department of Health
Mississippi Diabetes Association web link
Mississippi Patient Safety Coalition
Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Network (RASN)
Click on the link below for Infection Control Information